Organizations around the world have recognized the need for supply chain sustainability in order to reduce the environmental, social and economic impacts of their purchasing, while protecting and delivering value to their operations, products and services. Whether your organization is just beginning this journey or has been leading the way, a common set of questions exist:
- What does a leading sustainable purchasing program look like?
- How does my organization measure up to this?
- How am I doing compared to my peers?
- What can I learn from this information? How do I most efficiently and effectively plan our organization’s next steps to become a global leader in sustainable purchasing?
The SPLC BENCHMARK Program, under the advisement of the Benchmark Working Group, has developed a series of member offerings which leverage SPLC’s Maturity Model in order to help get answers to these questions.
The SPLC BENCHMARK Program offers a practical approach to:
- Identify an initial “inventory” of your sustainable purchasing program activities.
- Measure and benchmark the maturity of these activities against SPLC’s Principles of Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing and the Maturity Model for Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing.
- Compare your results to SPLC member peers.
- Leverage these findings to identify strengths, opportunities and resources to help plan your “next generation” sustainable purchasing program.